GUIDELINES FOR YOUR CHILD’S SUCCESS IN LEARNING PIANO (from Bastien’s Teacher’s Guide to Learning Piano)
• Arrange a set time every day for your child to practice and insist on it being kept.
• Provide a practice setting free from distraction (siblings, TV, etc).
• Check on your child’s practice progress during the week.
• Make sure your child brings all of the correct music and materials to the lessons.
• Check for written communication from the teacher and help your child follow the directions and practice order.
• Make sure your child finishes all written assignments and is prepared for each lesson.